The Community Value Creation Workshop on Tuesday was a new threshold for Bondi Innovation Alliance. After kicking off by running 5 fairly informal group meetups, it was our first structured workshop, and a massive success! Big thanks to master facilitator Stacy Henderson for co-facilitating!
Sixteen amazing Bondi innovators attended, with comments from participants such as:
“Great work! Let’s do it again next month. 5 stars.”
“That was awesome!!!! Thank you”
“It was a pleasure and a privilege to be there.”
The first part of the workshop was designed to create the most value to participants through useful connections. I have heard of at least half a dozen people catching up afterwards to explore possibilities and help each other.
The second part of the workshop was focused on generating ideas for the highest-value events Bondi Innovation Alliance can run. Each of the groups wrote down their ideas, with a wealth of exciting possibilities generated.
Here are the brief notes from the groups covering over 40 possibilities for high-value events:
- Speed networking
- More of this kind of event/ bring experts
- Learn more about:
- How to pitch
- Review business basics:
- Marketing plan
- Business plan
- Canvas/ business model
- Teach how to: sales webinars
- Teach how to: sales funnels
- Financial literacy
- Politics and economics WORK
- Business grants
- Coworking sessions
- Company/ investor pitches/ dinners
- Wellbeing events: pilates, yoga…
- Art meets business
- Creativity workshops
- Finance/ accounting workshops or mentors
- Mentoring sessions with successful people
- Cofounder meeting events
- Business problem solving/ connection events
- Celebrate local businesses
- Dream room/ no rules / moonshot factory
- 15 min each share your knowledge specialisation
- Online events/ courses
- Hackathon to produce joint ventures
- Hackathon – team formation segment only
- Creating teams to match what people need
- Open house/ local tours
- Bondi Innovation Tours (AirBnB tour)
- Personal stories
- Fun and human connection
- Accountability + achievements + motivation to get things done
- Strategies to improve
- Systems to improve
- Comedy and business
- Dream Bigger workshop
So many exciting possibilities! Now comes the interesting part of choosing which of these events we run, and run first.
We of course need people to help run these events. Our current thinking is to charge just a little for each event, with whoever runs the event taking half the revenue. The remainder will go towards paying for the cost of the teams running the platform, development, content, video and social media for Bondi Innovation Alliance, so providing employment in Bondi!
Get in touch if you’re interested in chatting about this.