The Organic Tea Project. Born in Bondi

• The Organic Tea Project. Born in Bondi

• Steven Muller

25 August, 2020 at 9:42 pm

The Organic Tea Project started as a passion project of our tech agency 33BONDI.

Four years later and it is a small business that stands on its own, organically certified with direct roots to two single-origin plantations in India.

With Covid-19 affecting supply we have moved to local production. That is easy to say but hard to do. We are literally creating our organic sticky chai locally by hand. We have made 5kg batches and are now moving to 10kg batches.

It is an example of pivoting due to external forces and we think it will help transform our business as lead times from India were always long and complicated. With local production and shorter lead times, we can go-to-market with more confidence knowing we can meet demand if we promote the brand harder because we don’t need to hold four to five months of stock. We can make stock in weeks!

The added bonus is our community of tea lovers have told us they love the local production story. It just took a pandemic to push us into change.

• Ross Dawson

Host
    25 August, 2020 at 9:52 pm

Wow, great story! I’d love to interview you about it 🙂

What do you mean by “local”?

• Steven Muller

22 September, 2020 at 10:09 am

Hi Ross, you can interview me or one of our team.

We are making the sticky chai in Helensburg on the South Coast at one of the co-founders residence!

• Jen Boudreau

31 August, 2020 at 2:07 pm

Seriously cool, it’s crazy how having a fire under us pushes us to make some changes we had been thinking about for ages.

Do you have a website? or sell in any local Bondi?

I work in brand identity if you would like any help pivoting to the local production!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Become a member - it's free!

We are an enthusiastic community of Bondi innovators, entrepreneurs and creatives aiming to help each other and make Bondi even more awesome. Join us!

Build your Network

Showcase your talent

Collaborate on ventures

Existing members login below