Help us build Bondi region as a world-class innovation hub
Events and Community Manager – Part-time
NOTE: The core role has been filled, however please still apply if you are interested as there may be other opportunities now or later.
At Bondi Innovation Alliance we have a vision for Bondi as a world-class innovation hub.
We are looking for a part-time events and community to help fulfil our vision. We are also looking for a project manager – it is possible these roles could be done the same person.
High-quality, high-value events are essential to develop the community, connections and collaboration that are at the heart of an innovation hub. We need someone can drive that potential
Tasks and activities will include:
- Designing and running high-quality monthly events relevant to entrepreneurial and innovation communities.
- Finding appropriate venues and venue sponsors, initially primarily in Bondi Junction and potentially later in surrounding areas including Bondi Beach.
- Identifying and inviting speakers, panellists and contributors.
- Promoting events, primarily through networks and partners.
- Building social media engagement on our channels, primarily a Facebook group.
- Working with sponsors to support our events.
The successful application will be resident in the Bondi region and passionate about its potential as an innovation hub.
Capabilities and experience will include:
- Building and running successful events and event series.
- Running events aimed at startups, technology, innovation, creative industries etc.
- Deeply connected into the startup, tech, creative communities in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs and/or central Sydney.
- Experience in community manager roles.
- Familiarity with building communities on social media.
- Identifying and working with potential event sponsors.
The successful candidate will work for The Insight Exchange, which will run the events and community on behalf of Bondi Innovation Alliance. They will be working with Ross Dawson of Advanced Human Technologies Group on the projects.
If you do not get the ‘Thank You’ page after submitting your application please check your form entries.