Bondi Innovation Alliance is building a team to make a difference in the region. We want to ensure we are all aligned around our values, professional behaviour and principles. Therefore, we have put together simple policies to help team members understand the boundaries of behaviour, team member expectations and any other criteria attached to performance while engaged at Bondi Innovation Alliance.
Specifically, our company policies are meant to:
- Help set expectations and performance objectives.
- Lead to more efficient internal operations.
- Ensure accountability.
- Create transparency.
- Assess and mitigate risk.
- Establish consistent, clear processes.
- Meet legal requirements to protect us as employers and you as an employee or contractor.
Several policies have already been laid out in your engagement agreement (casual employee, independent contractor, company contractor). By signing that contract, you have agreed to follow those policies. The ones listed below are additional to those policies and will be enforced accordingly.
We have outlined the four core company policies in the document below:
- Harassment and Bullying
- Equal Opportunity and Discrimination
- Fair Work
These policies apply to every member of our team. We need you to read them thoroughly, make sure you understand them, raise any questions surrounding these policies in a timely manner and indicate that you have read them on our acknowledgement form.
If any of these policies change, Bondi Innovation Alliance will notify you via email and you will be required to sign another acknowledgement.
HARASSMENT AND BULLYING
Workplace bullying is repeated and unreasonable behaviour directed towards a team member or a group of within the team that creates a risk to health and safety.
It can occur in any workplace and can be harmful to you if you experience or witness it.
Some examples of potential bullying behaviour are:
- repeated hurtful remarks or attacks, or making fun of your work or you as a person (including your family, sex, sexuality, gender identity, race or culture, education or economic background)
- sexual harassment, particularly unwelcome touching and sexually explicit comments and requests that make you uncomfortable
- excluding you or stopping you from working with people or taking part in activities that relates to your work
- playing mind games, ganging up on you, or other types of psychological harassment
- intimidation (making you feel less important and undervalued)
- deliberately making your job difficult for you
- deliberately holding back information you need for getting your work done properly
- pushing, shoving, tripping, grabbing you in the workplace
- attacking or threatening with equipment, knives, guns, clubs or any other type of object that can be turned into a weapon
- initiation or hazing – where you are made to do humiliating or inappropriate things in order to be accepted as part of the team.
Everyone at work can help ensure that bullying does not occur. It is important to respond quickly because the longer bullying continues, the more difficult it is to address and the harder it becomes to repair working relationships.
If you are being bullied at work, or know of someone being bullied and need support, please contact Ross Dawson via email or in person. Depending on the type of bullying you have been exposed to, you might be asked to present evidence of bullying behaviour. Keeping records such as emails, letters, notes, etc is helpful in these instances.
Additionally, you can consult the Fair Work website for guidance, reference and procedures on http://www.fairwork.gov.au/.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND DISCRIMINATION
Bondi Innovation Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. Bondi Innovation Alliance does not discriminate against team members or qualified applicants on the basis of race, sexual orientation, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or any other status or condition protected by the applicable law. This policy extends to, but is not limited to, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, payment, training, and termination. We follow the guidelines set out by the Fair Work Ombudsman to ensure all requirements are met and that we offer a safe workplace for our team.
AHT provides a work environment that supports its values of teamwork, respect, recognition and integrity. Prejudices and stereotyped views must not influence the way people are treated. It is important that no team member or applicant is discriminated against or denied equal treatment. Therefore, Bondi Innovation Alliance will not condone any form of discrimination.
Discrimination can be both direct and indirect. Direct discrimination occurs when a person is treated differently because of a certain factor or characteristic. Indirect discrimination can occur when a requirement that is the same for everyone has an unfair effect on some people because of a specific attribute they possess (eg sex, race, disability).
Decisions are unlawful if they are made on the basis of the following reasons:
- Person’s physical appearance
- Nationality or ethnic origin
- Social Origin
- Political conviction
- Religious belief
- Employment status
- Criminal Record
- Sexuality or Sexual Orientation
- Marital Status including occupation of spouse or partner
- Parental status and family responsibilities
- Pregnancy or potential pregnancy
- Disability (including HIV or AIDS)
- Physical impairment
- Carer’s responsibility
All team members are responsible for ensuring everyone is treated fairly and equally free of discrimination and harassment on a day-to-day basis. It is every individual’s responsibility to maintain and encourage a workplace inclusive of difference and free from discrimination and harassment.
- If you have any special needs within your work environment, you should discuss it with Ross Dawson and he will take it into consideration according to relevant legislation and the business needs.
- If you have a discrimination grievance or would like to discuss a potential grievance, please approach the core team via email, phone or in person.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
Bondi Innovation Alliance is committed to the health and safety of all our team members. Our overall aim is to ensure that no team member shall come to any harm while working with us.
- People are our most valuable asset and we are all committed to ensuring the health and safety of everyone in the workplace.
- Everyone has a responsibility for safety; their own and that of others.
- Injuries can be prevented and an incident-free working and learning environment is actively pursued.
- Communication and consultation are central to working together for a safer workplace.
Bondi Innovation Alliance Group will comply with the NSW Work Health and Safety Act 2011, the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011, and other relevant legislation and industry standards.
Fair Work provides information and advice about your workplace rights and obligations. Bondi Innovation Alliance complies with all applicated legislation and guidelines set out by Fair Work under NSW law.
You can visit the Fair Work site at any time to find policies or guides for any matter of workplace issues including pay, leave, awards and agreements and termination. http://www.fairwork.gov.au/About-us/policies-and-guides